Monday, September 29, 2008

Balance

As autumn flowers and foliage (and allergies!!) come into full swing, I find myself making thoughtful efforts towards balance. Each year there are new and different opportunities for me to continue to hone my skills in this area. I have found over the years, that there are times for purposeful activity, and times for quiet. Times for heavy academics, and times when real life provides enough learning for the day. Times when schedules are the rule, and times when grace is the rule. Times when opportunities for service can be fully embraced, and times when the many "good opportunities" must be answered with a "no". Times when I can keep up with the lives of my friends and family, and times when my mind, heart, and plate is full simply caring for those within my own household.
I have come to praise God regardless of which end of the balance I am currently seeking to tip. He is so good to carry me, guide me, provide wisdom for me through His Word. Each year holds new learning opportunities. This year He is stretching me as I continue to seek balance and live within the vision of my husband and therefore, the will of my heavenly Father.
In the meantime, the cold days are just around the corner. The potatoes need harvesting. There are still blackberries to freeze, grapes to can, herbs to dry. Each day there are three precious hearts to mold and shape and love. I'm so very glad "His mercies are new every morning ..." Aren't you?

No comments: