Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's Time


It never ceases to amaze me how everything seems to ripen at the same time!! This afternoon I canned 21 quarts of perfectly ripe peaches. I've been able to do nearly all of my canning from a cookstove on the back porch. It has made things so much easier (and much less sticky!). We went straight from peaches to blackberry preserves. The grapes are nearly ready and the apples are close behind!! What a joy to grow, preserve, and consume your own food.
Now if I could just talk Joe into that dairy cow .....

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hello, I came across your blog, and as a homeschool mom my self it is nice to read about others who are just as blessed as we are . Your peaches look beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is beautiful and so life-giving! Sarah just told me that we needed to find someone who could show us how to put up peaches. Looks easy when you do it! thanks for your many kind words. You are a great encourager to me! Blessings upon blessings!
Sally Clarkson