Monday, January 21, 2008

Group Violin Class



It's amazing to me that I now have an advanced violin student AND a beginner all over again. These pictures were taken at our group violin class which we attend monthly. This class offers the experience of playing with several violins and learning to play as a group. Josiah stays after class to attend a small group violin ensemble which he is a part of called "High Strung". Isabelle, although the youngest, does beautifully playing with the big kids! She is now on the tail end of playing in Suzuki's Book One. She currently plays at the level Josiah did when he was 7. Although she seems musically gifted, she's also inherited her mother's strong will when it comes to "being taught". You can all pray for me from 1:00-1:45 each day when she and I practice her violin and piano. We actually pray before we begin so we can both hopefully get through it alive!! Smile. It will all pay off in the end. Musical education is foundational to so much of our learning. I'm so thankful and blessed to be able to offer it to my children (thank you Daddy for working so hard for those violins and lessons!).

1 comment:

Kristi Knifong said...

Hi Kristi! I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading through your blog tonight. Your post about teaching Isabelle violin hits a chord with me! Music is not easy, but of course worth all the effort. She is progressing really well for her age! It looks like you guys are experiencing a very full and fun life together. A blessing to read about. Do not grow weary in doing good! Love, the other Kristi