Friday, January 18, 2008

A Good Week!

What constitutes a good week for me? This week --
1. We've been able to finish well all of the schoolwork that we have scheduled to do, in spite of having three deliveries of various sorts (one which required nearly an hour and a half of my time, but also provided an opportunity to share my faith with a lonely and confused dishwasher installer!)
2. All of my children had fairly good attitudes re: their academic work and chores every day this week!! This is worth a thousand pounds of really good chocolate!
3. Isabelle completed her Kindergarten math and began 1st grade math and language arts curriculum! She is reading at a solid first grade level and is enjoying each subject immensely (especially science). She is just learning and understanding so quickly. It is such an incredible blessing (and trust me, I don't take it for granted!) that my children have no learning disabilities.
4. Isaac wrote a lovely paper on Siberian Huskies which was spurred on by his language arts unit on research. This is the first paper where the tears were at a minimal and I had to do much less prompting re: words, ideas, etc.
5. Josiah worked diligently all week to not complain and rise to the expectations I had for him re: his history work (a lot of writing). He also, after having a bad week with Spanish last week, took a unit test and received a 100% on it!! Hooray (and thank You Lord for small miracles!).
6. The sun was out several days in a row and the wind even slowed enough for us to go for a walk!
7. My husband has treated me so sweetly the past couple of days ... it's been a touch of sweetness at the end of my day.
8. My house has stayed fairly clean, I'm caught up with all the laundry, there's food in the fridge/freezer/pantry, and I was even able to host my parents for a nice dinner last night! I love living out hospitality, but it's so hard when you feel behind with other life necessities.
9. We were even able to enjoy visits with neighbors, violin/piano/tennis lessons out, and cinnamon rolls at Cafe' De Coco while reading another chapter in "Little Women" to the kids!

Of course, I fully realize that tomorrow could be full of unpleasant surprises and next week is a blank slate ... but for now I'm thankful for a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much mom!!!!!!!!!