Saturday, September 15, 2007

A New Path

I am learning. For a few years now I have been trying to live out a vision for our family that I so desperately wanted to occur. It's a culmination of visions I admire from other people. There's the "live off the land" vision and the "husband is a magnificent spiritual leader vision" and the "sell everything and become missionaries" vision, and don't forget the "stay home, and be all-inspired by your tasks of a keeper of the home" vision nor the "Be-not-influenced by anything of this world" vision. Smile. I would say that there is a good part of my personality which has been shaped by these visions for my husband and my family and myself. There's just one small problem. It's just MY vision; and there are 4 other unique individuals in this family!! Joe's vision might be quite different! And my children's vision? My guess is that their vision and their stability is wrapped up in one single thing:
How much their Daddy and I love each other, and how we live that out each moment of every day.
Ouch.
God has given me a new outlook ... after a painful forced Sabbath in which to rest, look outside myself, and let go of control for my life. I don't know what He has planned. In the meantime, I'm allowing God to provide a new vision, a shared vision. May He be given all the glory and may we walk in the vision He provides for us.

No comments: