Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blessed



It's hard for me to believe that it is already December 11th.
Our last month has been a whirlwind of construction workers, subcontractors, builders, tile, carpet, paint, interruptions, animal care, sick kids, and Christmas preparation.
It has been fun
and exhausting
and eye-opening
and
sobering.
But, as of yesterday, although there are still subcontractors trickling in for last minute details, 
all is calm.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. (can you feel me exhale?)
When the porta-potty truck came yesterday to reclaim this regular feature from our landscape 
since AUGUST 29th (!!!), 
well, I know that we are finally truly drawing to a close this chapter of our lives. 


And now .... we can focus on the important stuff and keep praying that the Lord will use this new room in a multitude of ways to bless others, to bless us, and to provide the space we desire to fulfill our family's vision. 
In the meantime, there are cookies to bake, kids to continue to teach and disciple, a husband who needs to be listened to, animals needing to be cared for, and a home needing some serious deep cleaning as well as the warmth that only a Mama's undivided attention can bring.
The following is just a bit of what I am thinking about and prayerful for in this new year:


This one just learned of his acceptance to Liberty Law School.  He will be with us just seven more months.  Seven months to see him walk grumpily to the shower in the morning.  Seven months to have him around our dinner table.  Seven months to take long walks and hear his heart.  He is busy and full and God is working in this life through mission trips (to Argentina Jan. 2-15), discipleship group (weekly), leadership opportunities (through our amazing church fellowship), Shepherd's conference (much anticipated), and employment opportunities.  I am cherishing every day with him and pondering the absolute miracle of parenthood in light of living to this end of it.  Truly amazing.


And then there's this one.  Bold, strong (willed?), determined, focused, growing up.  He has single-handedly kept me on my knees for the past 16 years .... of course, this is just where God wants me now, isn't it? :-)
He is ready for independence and looking forward to finishing strong his high school requirements so that he can delve deeply into his desired future work as a computer programmer.  Growing in character, diligence, wisdom, common sense, and responsibility .... it is another miracle for everyday contemplation as we walk this path toward adulthood with our second born.


Of course, this one is growing faster than I'd like.  If you can picture a Mama holding on for dear life to the reins behind one "little" girl with my heels dug in and yet absolutely powerless to do anything but zoom along behind her .... well, that's the picture I feel I'm living in at times.  Providing godly direction, wisdom, and discipleship to a daughter is both daunting and yet such a privilege and honor.  I love every single moment of it!!! How thankful I am for my husband's efforts so that I can stay at home and grow along side her!   Her dreams and plans and simple joys and daily giggles help smooth out the wrinkles in this high-intensity family.  What a gift!
She needs me now more than ever ..... and I'm tremendously thankful for the opportunity.


And last but certainly not least is this one :-)
Plans, dreams, vision --- it just doesn't stop for this dreamer husband of mine.  I'm slowing down some of my life just to keep up with his these days.  My biggest place at this point is providing a solace and warm place of reprieve from the craziness of 12-14 hour workdays in the midst of a weak economy and  likely some pretty destructive changes to come within the realm of healthcare.
We've had a taste of a weekend away alone now that the kids are self-sufficient (well, kind of).  I'm praying for more of those to come.
It isn't always easy, but it's what God has blessed us with ....
and we want to walk it with grace.

Oh how we covet your prayers and cherish your friendship!!  Thank you for walking this journey with us.  May you know the peace of Christ which passes all understanding as you celebrate HIS birth this Christmas season!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Due to the intensity of life and my desire to live fully in it, I will be taking an indefinite break from blogging.  Please contact me personally if you'd like occasional updates or pictures.   Thank you for your faithfulness and your understanding as I tend to my little mission field here at home.












No comments: