
We've just landed after a week with one or both of the boys being at the state capitol to attend and participate in Capstone or Stonesetters Student Legislature. Between keeping them clothed, properly ironed, present, and prepared -- it is an exhausting week for me, but a happy one when seeing all that they are learning and the joy that they experience in the process.

Isaac thrived during his first day at the Capitol. Along with writing and defending a bill on the floor of the student "legislature", he was also privileged to meet two of his Representatives, hear a state Senator share from her experience, and tour the Capitol (which included getting to sit in the speaker's chair in the Idaho House of Representatives).

Isaac rose to the occasion, offering much testimony and debate during the session as well as listening attentively to all that he was taught. I was extremely proud!

Josiah participated in his 3rd year of Capstone Student Legislature which lasted through the week. He was privileged to participate again this year in the "How a Bill is Made" skit presented to both groups (he played Representative E.Z. D'Persuade :-) which was a lot of fun for him and his friends. In addition, he served on the Education Committee with past state Representative and producer of the award winning DVD "Agenda" Curtis Bowers -- a tremendous privilege! He was selected to be a candidate for Governor this year but regretfully he did not win the election this year. He learned a lot however and enjoyed the process of working along some talented young men and women.

In addition to presenting and defending his bill (which passed also!), he stood to offer debate on several occasions. Capstone week is what Josiah looks forward to all year long and he is never disappointed with the wonderful opportunities for learning it provides. Now on to more opportunities in the political arena as we look toward Legislative Day in just a couple of weeks!
4 comments:
Hey Isaac, Josiah,
You guys look really cool. What a wonderful opportunity for you both
Grandpere & Bonnie are proud of your accomplishments. We are equally proud of your mom and dad for providing the encouragement and support for your learning projects.
Love to you all
Dad
I am truly amazed how quickly they grow! They have turned into wonderful young men!
I am so proud of my great nephews and their mom. Lots of work done by all. Love you, Aunt Jenny
Hi Kristi,
I wanted to stop by and thank you for providing encouragement to jump into homeschooling many moons ago. Back then, I only had two kids and didn't think I could hack it. But another daughter and two years later, my entire family continues to benefit from the schooling journey.
I was touched by the photo of you and yours kids embracing as your oldest celebrated his birthday. I pray that you will continue to have more of those moments -
Love to you and yours....
Post a Comment